The true power of social media is influence and we believe the youth of our country has the power to bring about lasting change.
Thereby we welcome young content creators to share their views via scripts, sketches, blogs, and vlogs to addresses deep-rooted social ideologies.
Read the Gen-Z views on trending news and current issues in this blog section.
A good woman’s false narrative has been carefully designed to rob a woman of her autonomy. The words, ‘Besharam’ and ‘Slut’ are only a few potent words used in this narrative to keep women caged.
It is time for us to regain our freedom, crack the false narrative, and liberate the individuality of a woman. It is time that we stop being objects and begin to be people with aspirations and ambitions. If that makes us ‘Besharam,’ then the time has come for us to reclaim the term and #bebesharam
We believe that it is in sisterhood that women are empowered.
Thereby, our team along with young content creators are building the #sistercode
Society is reflected in movies and in turn movies influence society by changes in representations, challenging the audience’s morals, and transforming viewers’ opinions. Thereby we scrutinize films and web series under the lens of feminism on the following parameters:
- Bechdel Test: asks two simple questions of the movie/show: Does it have at least two named female characters? And do those characters have at least one conversation that is not about a man?
- Unrealistic Standards of beauty: Does the film/show promote unrealistic standards of beauty?
- Gender Stereotypes: Does the film/show’s character or storyline conform to gender stereotypes?
- Gender Parity: is the representation of genders balanced in the given film/show?
- Intersectionality: Is the representation of LGBTQIA+ community fair and respectful? Is there any other nature of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, etc??
- Entertainment Value.